Sunday, February 14, 2010

Will drink the new Wine




Based on exquisite corpse drawings (which is a surrealist parlor game) and surrealist imagery combined with inspiration from the street art around Melbourne (particularly Brunswick) I have been making these drawings. With these I hope to create tone and texture that is both unnerving and beautiful.
These drawings may be appearing in the next issue of Voiceworks, which is a youth poetry magazine that I have done illustration work for in the past. I also just downloaded gimp today, which is a free version of Photoshop so I have been playing with hue and saturation. I have no access to a scanner at the moment so I just took pictures of these drawings and tried to heightened the contrast so you can see the detailing.


































You can read about exquisite corpse drawing here: http://www.exquisitecorpse.com/

No comments: