Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Synaesthetes


I'm doing some design work for my friend Alex's band The Synaethetes at the moment, as well as many other things. This summer has actually been very productive for me. I'm also the drummer in said band, which for the record can be found here: http://synaesthetes.blogspot.com/. It's a sort of shoegazey post-rock band akin to Mogwai if you will, anyway we are very good so check it out. But as for the design I'm looking into Greek and Roman fresco and jug designs, mainly looking at the way they represented animal figures, often in distorted ways. I am also doing lots of blind drawing, where I try to listen to the music and draw direct from my subconscious without looking at the page. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't but it always helps.

No comments: