Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tequila Mockingbirds

The Tequila Mockingbirds are a band, which play many instruments and like to gig around Melbourne in various locations, and most of the members in the band I would consider good friends of mine. Further to that I doing the illustration work for their forth coming E.P. titled 'At Home'. These are some scannings from my Moleskinehere I was trying to work out a font style to work in, I like to incorporate text into my image making if possible. These circular motifs will not be used for the E.P. but may be used for band posters and likes.
this little drawing, which sorry you can't see very well, is to be used for the E.P. it will go on the inside cover, it's loosely based on the cover of '100 years of Solitude' which I was reading at the time. That little unicorn on top of the girls head I draw a lot of, so watch out for him.
This corn motif will be used on the C.D.

Check out the Mockingbirds at their Myspace address below, and while you are at it, why not look at Golden Fur which features The Cellist from Mockingbirds, Judith, who is pretty darn cool and has been know to use a vibrator on stage (for the Cello).


2 comments:

Ben Zen said...

Hi Aaron, thanks for your nice comments on my blog.

Cute illustrations! Good luck with the E.P. cover :) Ben.

Aaron Billings said...

Thanks Ben, I really love your blog, I hope we can be blog buddies